What is Nucleus?
Nucleus is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that facilitates the rapid development, deployment, operation and support of Mission Critical, Enterprise Level software applications.
- • A schema designer, defines files, fields and indices.
- • A ruleset designer defines rules for retrieval, display, interaction and update.
- • An event-driven framework securely processes all requests, retrieving data from one or many files from one or many systems. The Nucleus framework enables rapid integration of optomized search methods and innovative "mashups".
- • A hyper-text hyper-indexed documentation framework supports collaboration in the development and maintenance of on-line documentation, reference and support materials.
- • A strategic interface layer (API) manages security, retrieval, validation, update, formatting, processing and delivery of data between a centralized host system, its connected data, and a wide variety of user-interface options.
Shared business rules enable centralized support through of a wide variety of device and User Interface (UI) options.
Governance, compliance and risk mitigation
Software Version and Change controls are "built-in", not a third-party extra. Fail-safe source code libraries are transparently maintained. Standardized procedures for development, quality control, deployment and life-cycle management ensure code reliability and foster compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, Graham Leach, HIPAA, and other regulatory standards and requirements.
Standardized methods and procedures
Standardized procedures for retrieval, security and update ensure data integrity. Standard methods enforce a consistency of code and improve supportability. Life cycle controls manage development, quality assurance, promotion and application retirement. Integrated change controls facilitate audits.
Security and audit controls
Security is extensive, yet easily implemented across work groups. Privileges or restrictions can be assigned broadly by security group and fine tuned - down to the field level - where necessary. Individual fields can be password protected. Special permissions can be granted or denied to a individual or group of users.
Security reports document the details of each user's access profile, including special priviliges and explicit denials. Login/logout access reporting is available on AIX/unix installations. Change logs detail changes made to any file by a Nucleus application.
Nucleus architecture incorporates an advanced RAD tool set that quickly delivers quality applications capable of supporting a wide variety of user interface options. A feature-rich, event-driven environment includes all the hooks that progressive IT departments need to do a quality job - faster.
Nucleus facilitates the rapid design, development and deployment of enterprise level applications that are easily supported, extensible and scalable.
On-line, real-time, 24x7
Architecture and development of high availability systems that are on-line 24x7. Cloud client and host-based enterprise service applications.
MS/SQL, Progress, mySQL, DB2, Oracle, Relational, ISAM, Multi-dimensional, Pick/U2, noSQL
Web server integration
Operating system Support
AIX, unix/linux and Windows in distributed, multi-tier client-server environments
Communications protocols include Asynch, ASCII, 3270, TCP/IP, SSH, Kermit, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, DNS, PTP, HTTP, HTTPS, LDAP and others. Encryption supported.
XML messaging as well as Health Industry formats including NCPDP, X12, HL7 and others.
Applications, supporting iPhone, Android, Blackberry, .NET (VB / C#), JAVA, PYTHON, as well as AJAX and HTML5.
Application Programming Interface (API)
Event driven framework Transition to Nucleus
Source control FAQ
Graphic User interface N-tier User Interface